What was the name of the man who lent you the money?
He who laughs last laughs best. 谁笑到最后谁笑得最好。（定语从句修饰先行词he）
The chairman of the meeting, who spoke first, sat on my right.
There are some people whom/who we like and others whom/who we dislike.
The people whom/who I work with are all friendly.
Mr. Carter, whom I spoke to on the phone last night, is very interested in our plan.
Mr. Carter, to whom I spoke on the phone last night, is very interested in our plan.
Two men, neither of whom I had ever seen before, came into my office.
1. Mike's father, as well as his mother, insisted that he ________ home.
A. stayed B. could stay C. has stayed D. stay
2. Mr. Smith insisted that he ________ the work all.
A. had done B. have done C. did D. so
3. Jane would never have gone to the party ________ that Mary would come to see her.
A. has she known B. had she known C'. if she know D. if she has known
4. If you had enough money, what ________ ?
A. will you buy B. would you buy C. would you have bought D. will you have bought
5. If you ________ that film late last night, you wouldn't be so sleepy.
A. didn't see B. haven't seen C. wouldn’t have seen D. hadn’t seen
6. Our monitor requested that ________.
A. all the class studied more carefully the problem
B. the problem was more carefully studied
C. with great care the problem could be studied
D. all the class study the problem more carefully
7. ---- Would you have called her up had it been possible?
---- Yes, but I ________. busy doing my homework..
A. was B. were C. had been D. would be
8. His tired face suggested that he ________ really tired after the long walk.
A. had been B. was C. be D. should be
9. It is important that we ________.
A. shall close the window before we leave B. will close the window before we leave
C. must close the window before we leave D. close the window before we leave
10. I didn't know his telephone number, otherwise I ______ him.
A. had telephoned B. would telephone C. would have telephoned D. telephone